02 May How to set up email on your iPhone or iPad devices
I have had a few requests for guidance with setting up an email address on an iPad or iPhone so here are the instructions for iOS devices.
Please note: the details below include server adddresses specific to TJ Design email hosting but the rest of the settings remain the same for other hosting accounts.
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account. If you’re using iOS 10.3.3 or earlier, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap Add Account.
- Tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
- Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.
If Mail can’t find your email settings, then you need to enter them manually. Tap Next, then follow these steps:
- Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider. POP is the recommended protocol.
- Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Then tap Next. If you don’t have this information, try and contact your email provider. For TJ Design hosting accounts, this is usually lightning.xssl.net.
- If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you’ll be asked to edit them. It is usually worth enabling authentication for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP and setting your ports to the following…
- IMAP Port: 993
- POP3 Port: 995
- SMTP Port: 465