30 Dec Using SEO with Actinic Ecommerce
The main key to the search engines is relevant content containing keywords. Here are a few things to do for the search engines when using Actinic eCommerce software…
- Add your eCommerce web site to free directories (there is a comprehensive list available here) or type in “free web directories” and add your site to the relevant ones that come up in the first three pages.
- Go through each section & sub-section page in Actinic and make sure the Page Title, Meta Description & Meta Keywords contain relevant content for that page. The keywords should be one or two words separated by a comma.
- Do the same for each product title (e.g boys designer top instead of top).
- Add relevant keywords for the image filename.
- Sign up for a facebook group / twitter account or add a blog and regularly update (eg.. use for special offers or product advice)
- Add a fragment to the home page containing text with the products/categories you are looking at promoting.
- Add an email newsletter signup button to get new email addresses.